Friday, January 18, 2008

Murder for Hire - Review

You will have loads of fun reading Dana Fredsti’s book, Murder for Hire: The Peruvian Pigeon. I can’t tell you too much because it is a murder mystery, after all. It does have lots of murders and several mysteries going on at the same time. Spoofs abound in the form of hardboiled detective novel language and references which create many of the jokes and comedy throughout. There’s plenty of action and even some sizzling sexual tension.

Dana moves the story along quickly with characters that are realistic and believable. Dana keeps you in the scene with lush, lip-smacking food and wonderful sounding drinks (a few I’m going to try.) She gives you hints of Hollywood and the people who hover around that dreamland looking for reflected fame. She does a great job of keeping her secrets and yet drops some very clever hints all along the way.

Here you can find a SYNOPSIS of the book which explains everything, almost.

8 comments:

  1. I would read it. When does it hit the book stores?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilly: It's already in bookstores. I know you can buy it from Barnes & Noble (my favorite source.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nessa,

    Nice review - and I have the excerpt (prologue and part of chapter 1) up on my blog now - so that will be a nice segue into the book. Hope everyone hits all our blogs and Dana's website and orders a copy of the book - E :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the nice review, Nessa! Lemme know what you think of the drinks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zhadi: Dana, you have inspired me to have hot chocolate this afternoon. It's just with 1% milk this time but I did put a healthy shot of Godiva liquor in it. It is warming me up from the inside out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nessa, the book looks good (congratulations, Dana!) -- and, boy, N, you are a great literary agent. I want you on my side if I ever get a book in B&N. Also, now I want hot chocolate. yum. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mireille: Thanks for visiting. I'm practicing for self-promotion; D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your blog. Very insightful
    Here's one you might appreciate
    God Bless, bob West
    http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/04/line-upon-line.html

    ReplyDelete